The Advantages of .NET for Business Application Development
You’ll come across a lot of “dot net” terms while learning C#: .NET, .NET Framework, .NET Core, dotnet, ASP .NET, and so on. Before diving into C# programming, this article will go over the Benefits of .NET for Business Application Development, the Different Types of .NET Apps, and How Can We Help You Build .NET Apps.
- 1 What is .NET Development?
- 2 Advantages of .NET Development for Business Application
- 3 Types of App Built on .NET
- 4 How Can We Help you Build a .NET Application?
- 4.1 1. .NET Project Planning and Business Analysis
- 4.2 2. Designing the User Interface/User Experience
- 4.3 3. Software Development in .NET Framework
- 4.4 4. Quality Assurance
- 4.5 5. Support and Evolution of .NET Software
- 4.6 Conclusion
- 4.7 Join over 5,000 enterpreneurs and businesses who already have a head start.
- 4.8 Join over 5,000 enterpreneurs and businesses who already have a head start.
- 4.9 Related posts:
What is .NET Development?
.NET is “a Microsoft-created open source developer platform for building a wide range of apps,” according to the official definition.” .NET applications can be written in C#, F#, Visual C++, or Visual Basic.” Informally, .NET is the framework that allows you to write and run C# applications (we’ll skip F#, Visual C++, and Visual Basic for now). When you download .NET, you’re getting a collection of apps that do the following:
- Convert your C# code to a machine-readable format.
- Make software development utilities available, such as tools for printing text on the screen and determining the current time.
- Define a set of data types, such as text, numbers, and dates, that can help you store information in your applications more easily.
.NET comes in a variety of flavors. They do the same thing, but they’re made for different operating systems. The .NET Framework is the first version of .NET, and it only works on Windows PCs. .NET Core is a new cross-platform version of .NET that runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux machines. We’ll continue to use this version because it’s more versatile and Microsoft is constantly improving it.
Advantages of .NET Development for Business Application
Every business wants to be ahead of the pack, and the only way to do so is to make better apps than the competition. However, as technological frameworks have become more popular, businesses have become more difficult to determine which one will best meet their requirements. Frameworks such as Angular, Django, Vuejs, ROR, .NET, and others are available. Depending on the nature of your business and the requirements, the app can be built on a suitable platform. ASP, also known as Active Server Pages, was created by Microsoft to build dynamic high-end online applications, and it is the most popular .NET application development framework.
This framework promises to provide an object-oriented programming environment that is relatively consistent. The most important and game-changing factors in making the decision are the benefits that the framework can provide and selecting the best technological platform. Choosing the right .NET development company shortens time to market, boosts productivity, and improves business results. The .NET Framework is comprised of two primary components:
- The first is the CLR, which is the foundation for managed code compilation and execution.
- The .NET Framework Class Library is the second component, and it contains libraries like the base class library, network library, numeric library, and reusable code that .NET developers can use in their own applications to speed up development.
.NET as a development framework has outperformed the application development process by allowing developers to create apps that run on multiple platforms with less coding, higher performance, and no memory leaks thanks to native optimization support, early binding and caching services, and simpler code execution programs. Businesses can create a wide range of mobile and desktop applications for XML web services using dot net technology as a foundation.
It also supports a variety of operating systems for secure online applications with feature-rich apps and a high level of consistency, making it the most popular entity framework among .NET development companies. There are a number of other benefits to using the .NET framework for .NET programming, which are discussed further below.
1. Framework based on open source
The .NET framework is extremely adaptable and user-friendly because it is built on an open-source platform. You can make programs for Windows or desktops, other operating systems, and any device configuration. Developers can use the .NET framework to add libraries and framework components based on the needs of an online project. In addition, whenever a new package or version is released, the .NET core foundation eliminates the need to upgrade it completely. As a result, the .NET framework allows you to save a lot of time and effort.
Furthermore, the .NET framework has a large community ready to help customers with any problems they may encounter. Outside developers have enhanced the NET framework, and it now has over 4000 businesses, making it more powerful and independent.
2. Scalability and dependability
The .NET framework for web development has proven to be a highly robust and reliable application development platform when it comes to commercial app development. Small, medium, and large businesses have actively adopted the .NET web app development platform, which has a large community, as the platform of choice for technical improvement and selecting .NET development services for organizational growth projects.
With the help of Visual Studio, ASP .NET web development naturally responds to constantly changing development demands by providing a solid foundation for quickly and efficiently improving business applications. To summarize, dot net enables you to create dependable and reusable programs. As a result, your application will be able to adapt and grow with your company. A professional team of Microsoft-certified .NET developers meet expectations for more reliable solutions.
3. Deployment Flexibility
The .NET framework’s flexibility is one of its undeniable advantages. Flexible deployment is one of the most important .NET Core characteristics. It can be used either as part of your software or on its own. All of the dependencies you’ll need are taken into account by the modular architecture. To get started, simply copying a folder will suffice. The .NET framework has the distinct advantage of allowing you to run multiple .NET Core versions on the same computer to address various scenarios. The same device will support a variety of .NET development scenarios and generate cross-platform apps that can run on a variety of server platforms.
4. Security and safety
One of the advantages of the .NET framework is that it allows you to create barriers in your code by using .NET specified permissions and other enforcement to prevent malicious code from gaining access to information you don’t want it to have or engaging in other undesirable behaviors. Furthermore, you must strike a balance between security and usability in all possible scenarios when using trusted code. You own all of the rights to the code once you’ve designed it. You can restrict it, secure it, and ensure that all .NET developers who use it share code in a controlled manner.
Platform invoke services in the System .NET framework enable interoperability with unmanaged programs. The InteropServices namespace, C++ interoperability, and COM interoperability are all improving over time. .NET development business developers can use interoperability to maintain and benefit from existing unmanaged code. Unmanaged code is code that does not run under the control of the CLR, whereas managed code does. COM, COM+, C++ components, ActiveX components, and the Microsoft Windows API are examples of unmanaged code.
6. Caching System That Is Easy To Use.
One of the most useful features of the .NET framework is memory management. Many programming languages make memory management difficult for programs. In the development of a dot net application, it takes up more space than anticipated. As a result, you can create basic caching software using the .NET framework. Because of the simplicity of the .NET caching technology, it is safe and simple to store data temporarily.
It also allows developers to fine-tune the cache technology, allowing them to increase performance and scalability as needed. You can create a variety of apps and dynamic websites with the .NET platform visual studios.
7. Automatic Monitoring in ASP .NET
Object-oriented programming doesn’t always highlight issues right away, and when it does, it’s usually too late. Something going wrong during the coding process and you either not noticing it or discovering it too late is one of the worst things that can happen. With the .NET framework, however, this is not the case. This will keep you and your company informed about the most recent changes required to provide cutting-edge web services. Thanks to ASP, you’ll be notified if something like an infinite loop appears. NET’s automatic monitoring feature. Memory leaks and a variety of other problems are the same way.
8. Code Reuse
Code reuse (or software reuse) is defined as reusing code that already exists, either within your organization or elsewhere, when developing new software, web pages, or .NET apps. Existing code can be reused to achieve the same or a very similar goal. Code reuse can take many different forms from reusing a small piece of internal code to relying on large third-party libraries. Your entire .NET development project is at risk if you use internal or external code that hasn’t been thoroughly tested for vulnerabilities.
This is often a bigger problem when it comes to third-party code that hasn’t been built and tested by your own team. This should be known by anyone concerned about the risks of using insecure object-oriented or third-party components.
Types of App Built on .NET
As a result, here are a few well-known technological companies whose solutions were created using .NET:
- Microsoft: Without a doubt, the world-famous corporation used their most advanced technology and development tools to create their website. Everything is organized and consistent; the site is responsive and runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Outlook: Because Outlook, like its predecessor, is a Microsoft product, we can expect the most advanced in-built technology to be used. This email program is reliable, feature-rich, and secure.
- StackOverflow: One of the most popular Q&A forums for computer experts looking to solve technical problems. It all began as a blog, but it has since grown into a multibillion-dollar corporation. It is a truly valuable learning platform for any software engineer, where one can pick up a wealth of useful tips and suggestions and find the best solution for generated code, python ruby, and any other situation. Developers of .NET applications, Android app developers, and any other software engineer will find something to read or discuss. You can read what other people think about a technology, comment on it, and find the best solution for your situation on the site. Even so, the new user may find it difficult to get started because he or she must first establish a reputation before becoming a full member of the developers’ community.
- GoDaddy: A well-known domain registration and hosting company based in the United States that offers a cloud platform for small and independent businesses. The company now has over 17 million clients and employs over 6,000 people around the world. There is also a large online community where you can keep up with the latest news and pick up some new technology-related useful ideas. This system is both powerful and user-friendly, as well as secure.
- Dell: A well-known portal for a well-known computer manufacturer. However, we must acknowledge that Dell has grown into more than just a computer manufacturer. Indeed, a closer look at the company’s website reveals that it provides a wide range of software solutions, including cloud computing. The site, which uses the .NET framework, has a number of features. Still have doubts about us? Come take a look!
- Xero: One of the most widely used accounting software programs for running a mobile business. Small and medium-sized businesses are the target market for the company’s software solutions. The end result is a product that is durable, consistent, and dependable.
How Can We Help you Build a .NET Application?
We provide companies with custom, robust .NET solutions across a variety of domains at Mobirevo. As a leading .NET development firm, we carefully weigh the pros and cons of multi-tier, microservices, and cloud-based architectures to ensure that they perfectly suit the needs of the client’s application. We integrate enterprise legacy systems like Oracle PeopleSoft, SAP R/3, SalesForce, and Siebel. We also offer .NET app development, multi-functional web applications, and website design for the Internet and Intranet.
From project requirements (analyze, understand, clarify), development or implementation of an IT solution, and ongoing unlimited support, we follow a proven process to deliver your project. Your .NET development project will only be successful if you hire the best software development company. Our .NET development services cover a wide range of topics. We tailor a service package for each client based on the project’s stage, needs, and collaboration model.
1. .NET Project Planning and Business Analysis
Our business analysts, who have worked on projects in over 30 industries, will assess your needs and define a high-level scope for your .NET project, while PMs from our Project Management Office will detail project requirements, tech stack, schedule, and more in the detailed project documentation. You can discuss the integrations your future software will require with our .NET integration architects so they can create an integration plan. If necessary, our developers and DevOps specialists will continue to deliver all planned integrations.
2. Designing the User Interface/User Experience
The nice UI mockups you approve before the development launch are the result of our UX research, in-depth story mapping, and usability testing of wireframes and prototypes. Our UX/UI designers prioritize user experience to create vibrant, intuitive interfaces that ensure widespread adoption of your .NET software.
3. Software Development in .NET Framework
In addition to .NET Core, ADO .NET, and ASP .NET development, our engineers use Universal Windows Platform, Windows Presentation Foundation, Xamarin, and a variety of other tools. We use Agile and Lean processes to ensure on-time software delivery and use KPIs to track performance (Cycle Time, Lead Time, Deployment frequency, Stakeholder Satisfaction, etc.)
Make a list of custom KPIs you’d like to track in your .NET project, and we’ll add them to our KPI set. We provide you with access to our log tools and send you regular progress reports to ensure complete transparency in our collaboration.
4. Quality Assurance
Our quality assurance experts conduct functional, performance, usability, security, exploratory, and other types of testing using an ISO 9001-certified quality management system. With our proprietary Integrated Manual and Automated Testing (IMAAT) approach, we can help you reduce testing costs while ensuring high test coverage in your .NET project.
5. Support and Evolution of .NET Software
We provide L1, L2, and L3 support for your .NET software as well as comprehensive maintenance services like performance optimization, compliance management, and security monitoring. We also ensure that your .NET software evolves over time, which may include the addition of advanced modules such as AI, AR/VR, IoT, blockchain, and others.
The .NET framework has the potential to serve as an excellent foundation for a new business. By the way, we are an excellent IT partner if you want to create a product with .NET MVC. Our technical team has a lot of experience with .NET applications and is always willing to help. Of course, Microsoft technology, particularly .NET, is used by hundreds of other well-known companies because it offers a wide range of possibilities and allows for future expansion.
Mobirevo is a leading NET development company in Nigeria. We have provided mobile app development services to companies in finance, healthcare, construction, retail, consumer products, logistics, industrial engineering, and entertainment over the years. Let’s talk about making your Mobile app ideas a reality! We follow a certified enterprise mobile app development process steps to ensure the success of your app’s launch. Our skilled mobile app developers are here to assist you with your digital transformation.
You can contact us today to get a free quote. Our team at Mobirevo strives to provide unrivaled services to all of our valued clients. You can also check out our case study page to see our client’s portfolio and better understand the quality of products we deliver. Also, contact us if you have any questions about our services, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Want to receive more content like this?
You can sign up for our newsletter, which features curated opinions, and Mobile app development tools for building remarkable digital assets. If you sign up for our weekly newsletter, you will be the first to know when we publish awesome content like this. You can also visit our blog to see other content created with love by our amazing team.